Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Krallice

Well the Krallice post was inevitable. Not at all an obscure choice but an obvious one. I'd argue Krallice are at least among other artists at the forefront of modern metal music. They play an atypical style that is more progressive than things that are super progressive and hypertechnical. Characterized by their guitar chops that are so out of hand that these riffs will pretty much give you brain damage. And there's like 4 going on simultaneously at any given moment. To say Krallice have riffs for days would be an insult when they in fact have riffs forever.

Wreck and Reference

Some deep and dark lifesuckscore with elements of hatred and depression. But really, a cool experimental rock group that specializes in very unfriendly stuff, combining together a lot of diverse electronic sounds and some kinda gloomy noise. It's downer music for downer people and generally pretty visceral and punishing.

Pocahaunted

Lovely drone pop with no shortage of exceptional ear candy. They played droney and dubby improv in their early years and went on to full band status with some tribal psych funk.

Those Poor Bastards

Gothic country is one if my favorite things and I'd argue that TPB are the kings. Very much anti-pop country, they play dark, twisted, sometimes droney, raw, primitive in some evil kind of way, killing ass music about demons and all kinds of unlame things. One half of the group, Lonesome Wyatt, is a pretty prolific figure in the whole scene with numerous side projects. But TPB are an animal all if their own, and it's just some haunting music of despair.

Pyrrhon

Tech death innovators rather than imitators. On their second album the Mother of Virtues, this band cemented their unique style and ability and bestowed upon us a hugely badass album. They take more avant garde cues from Gorguts and stuff like that as opposed to your general tech death. In this they also incorporate a lot of ideas from mathcore, and blend in psychedelic and/or noisy walls of ****ing guitar. If you like dissonance well then why are you not listening to this

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote