Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #9455 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I've just started playing Hell Night/Dark Messiah for the PS1 on an emulator and while I get some sound, there's still a lot that I'm not hearing. Like voice acting, music, general sounds you'd expect to hear from the environment. The cut scenes had sound, even though no voice acting (but it's PS1 so that's not a shock), but now that I'm actually playing the game it's dead quiet. As in completely noiseless. But I've been Googling the issue and nobody seems to have any problems with the game and a review I checked even pointed out just how sparse the sound was.

So, like, to anyone who's ever played Hell Night, is this just a game with hella weird sound design or is my sound just ****ing up? I'm honestly kinda going with the former, but Jesus Christ it's weird playing a game this quiet.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote