Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #5854 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Read three books these past few days -

Began with Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom by John O'Donohue. Really enjoyed it and I'm tracking down copies of his other writings on ancient spirituality, philosophy, and poetry. I'd like to read Divine Beauty: The Invisible Embrace next.

Next, I read The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman. It was interesting to apply Chapman's principles to various relationships in my life and to explore how to better those interactions.

I followed that up today with Solitude: In Pursuit of a Singular Life in a Crowded World by Michael Harris. Published this April, it's by far the most current non-fiction I've ever read. Harris' examination of social media and technology really emphasized the importance of unplugging and reconnecting with oneself.

Tomorrow morning I'll read The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz.

But the real excitement is en route to my home from a little bookshop in Liverpool - The Justified Ancients of Mu Mu's 2023: A Trilogy - the first work produced by The KLF upon the completion of their 23-year contractual moratorium. I've 105 pages of notes on the spectacle surrounding its release so far, and I haven't even cracked the cover yet. It's the kind of music journalism piece a gent waits a lifetime to author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote