Music Banter - View Single Post - The Random Album Club: Week 1
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_metal

I just personally feel it's not PM unless there are keyboards and a much more symphonic, often orchestral feel to the music. There's nothing to say that's right, but I'd definitely categorise this more as traditional heavy metal than anything else. One thing we can agree on though: it's pretty bog-standard fare, yes? As for the definition, I guess we need to ask the Oracle, when he drags himself out of his pit. Yo! Batty! Your expertise is needed here!
That's because you have **** taste in power metal. Keyboards might be common, but they are by no means a requirement, nor are they THE defining feature that makes something power metal. In this day and age unless you're a self-consciously retro NWOBHM wannabe band then you're probably at least partially power metal, like these guys. There really just isn't much of a dividing line anymore.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote