Music Banter - View Single Post - Gin Lady - Electric Earth
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I picked this album cause they sound heavily influenced by 70s Rock, especially Americana, bands like the Grateful Dead, CSN (&Y), along with more modern bands like Guster and Midlake, with a little sprinkling of the Rolling Stones and George Harrison in some places. I thought there was a little bit of something for everyone. I could be wrong, maybe they won't compare to any of the aforementioned bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
It's "rock". Is it worth a listen, Nea, or is it updated Dire Straits?
Well, that is purpose of the poll, so each member who is willing to listen to the album can rate whether or not if it's worth listening to. If I told you whether it's worth listening to, that would be like doing your homework for you. I don't know what you mean with Dire Straits comment. But if you have some kind of aversion to Dire Straits and I were in your shoes I wouldn't risk it. It's better to be safe then sorry.

PSA: If you have a severe allergy to Dire Straits I would advise not to listen to the abulm, not because they outright sound like Dire Straits, but because they might conjure up thoughts of Dire Straits which may lead to severe discomfort.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote