Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #7614 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
It's not an all or nothing game with GW either

we have an idea of how much emissions to reduce to buy time at least until I'm old enough to not give a **** too

there's also some interesting permanent solutions being devised so reducing effects short term gives humanity a chance
And yet the conversation has been so degraded in this country (and presumably China too I guess), the biggest (or second biggest) contributor to global warming, that we can't even agree that it's man made and the side who actually might do something about it doesn't have the balls to stand up to the republicans, and I imagine the democrats are too beholden to their corporate backers to do anything but half-measures that don't threaten all those greased wheels.

The sheer fact that it's gotten to this point and that half the ****ing country thinks it's a conspiracy is some pretty damn good evidence of just how useless people are for acting in their best interest outside of their own immediate micro world (e.g. friends, family, their job, etc). You can brainstorm all the **** you want but it's pissing into the wind until the effects of global warming become completely undeniable, and even then I would not be surprised if conservatives were still able to bury their heads in the sand and at least slow down any useful measures we might take.

Global warming is almost a foregone conclusion at this point as far as I'm concerned. So **** my fellow man until they can prove me wrong. They're not worth my time, effort, or emotional investment, anymore than I am to them.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote