Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #7619 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And yet the conversation has been so degraded in this country (and presumably China too I guess), the biggest (or second biggest) contributor to global warming, that we can't even agree that it's man made and the side who actually might do something about it doesn't have the balls to stand up to the republicans, and I imagine the democrats are too beholden to their corporate backers to do anything but half-measures that don't threaten all those greased wheels.
^ Isn't it more acurate to say that the side who might actually do something about it were voted out of office ?

The issue isn't so much, "Is global warming man made?" The urgent question is, "Can human endevour reduce or stop a worrying escalation of global warming?" Most of the scientific community, the Paris Agreement signatories, the Dems and Al Gore seem to think it's worth trying. Even plenty of US industries have declared that they will continue to follow the parametres of the Paris Agreement for fear that their products will be boycotted if they don't.

Not wishing to revisit the arguements of the last zillion posts, but it's undeniable that voters do have a voice, consumers do have a voice. Maybe it's not always heard, but that's no reason to stop using it imo.