Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #7639 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
"The adult sperm whale brain is 8,000 cubic centimeters. Our brain is about 1300 cubic centimeters."
Ah. So let's leave it up to whales to solve the problems of Global Warming. Assuming the Japanese stop killing them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
I have never flung a poo.
You haven't lived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Well, If Al Gore is viewed as a crank by most people, that's a bit sad. But circumstances and people's opinions can change. If the effects of global warming continue to accumilate as predicted, if those effects impact on people's lives, then today's crank may be vindicated tomorrow. It's happened before, though off-hand the only historically uplifting example that comes to mind is Copernicus with all his heliocentric nonsense.
Surely Galileo and Darwin figure in there too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah it is sad. Also true.

I imagine if we did then we would have predicted and prevented the Great Recession, or at least not have been completely blindsided by it. We are dealing with an endless morass of issues that have become so complex and intertwined that there is no conceivable way that the human brain can deal with them without technological assistance.
The problem there is human greed. If anyone had been able to predict, with 100% accuracy, any of the Crashes, then or now, our reaction would have been "**** it! I'm not stopping making money. Maybe it won't happen"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
My WELCOME mat is 100% open to you Lisn. Bat and Frown can rot in hell.
Batty was thrown out of Hell. Meat Loaf wrote an album about it.
Quote:

More ranting babble Bat, (although extremely well written and with solid prose). That's basically what you've been doing for the last 20 pages or so. Put forth something of of substance, or STFU and go take a shower. God knows you need one. MB agrees.
Needs more beer.