Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's 2017 Freshman Class
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbasaur View Post
posting in a good thread
i know you have some good choices you lazy mf, let's see 'em.

Your Old Droog

could've sworn Droog made the cut in one of the last couple of classes. apparently i was wrong. total oversight on XXL's part because I can't think of a rapper more deserving of the buzz that he's still getting to this day. while he came up on the back of sounding like that Nas-era of NY hip-hop, his ear for great production has allowed him to branch out into his own territory and define himself with a unique sound. a real embodiment of old school meets new school, Droog was fairly prolific in 2017 releasing (imo) his best solo record so far in Packs and a very strong collaborative effort with RATKING's Wiki.

Strange U

if you're a Doom fan, check him out. that's all i've got.

Joyner Lucas

alright. here's where i admit i was wrong. a few years ago i first heard of Joyner Lucas, it was through his song Ross Capicchioni, a conceptual masterpiece that very quickly went viral due to the spectacular true story and brilliant first person video that accompanied it. after that, however, I felt Joyner failed to wow me again. it was like he said, "alright there, i'm a good rapper" and resorted back to relying on gimmicks like simply rapping fast or relying on his production. however, after finally getting around listening to his latest record 508-507-2209, i'll say, I was wrong. everything i thought the guy was capable of, he puts onto this record. i'm just going to let the songs do the rest of the talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote