Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #15355 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
oh i totally agree with you on that. things can always be worse than they are. but at the end of the day all you can do is try your hardest to work through it if you want to escape. there's no guarantee you will, sure, but that's the sad reality of capitalism. some people are lucky enough to have work ethic beat into you like i was, others need to learn it themselves.

btw the alcohol is making you emotional again, way to go way overboard off of a joke i made.
I mean yeah, I'm emotional, but what I'm telling you is true. If your family had been poor, and you'd been raised as poor, you would not have the same perspective you have now, and all the drive you have now would likely not have put you where you are now. Much of class is built on the expectations of those who built your life and the social inertia that you feel. Do you think that you'd be working as hard to build a middle class life for yourself if you didn't have middle class people building in you the desire to continue to be a middle class person? I'm definitely an outlier to be honest as far as the middle class are concerned, as I've put myself down into the lower classes, but do you really think ALL of those people in the lower class with me are as lazy and ineffectual as I am? They would have killed for my opportunities, and would almost certainly have done far more with them, but they didn't have them, didn't have those driving factors for putting them into a middle class mindset, didn't have my mother grandparentsunclesaunts all berating them constantly to make middle class persons of themselves like they did, and so didn't rise from it. And that's not even considering all of those other economic factors that keep the lower classes in the lower classes. But you are certainly not more special than all those people I know who work two jobs and don't realistically consider that they could maybe have tried for a four year degree that they couldn't even have afforded without a full ride or working those same hours that their parents did just to survive as they saw their entire lives. Or do you actually think you are more special?

I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good, but you have a very shortsighted view of the world and I think you'll only better the rest of the world if you as a middle class dude open your mind to a non-middle class world. For all the garbage I've heaped upon myself that is one thing that has done me some good, as I used to think like you do and now I realize just how limited my mindset was.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote