Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #6748 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
what do you think happens if (when) you go up? i like what ive seen from the bunch you have atm, but i don't think many are PL quality. reckon you'll get stuck in the up/down or do you think the club will invest in order to push back to being at least a lower mid table team?
We are held back by FFP I think at the moment. The owner can't spend any more (we spent next to nothing over the summer), if we get promoted we will have a bigger budget and obviously PL money. I'd expect investment though I couldn't put a figure on it.

Objective in the first season would be survival. There are four or five players max who I'd keep in the PL. It will be a period where we have to rebuild and ensure survival, we cannot go down again.

Over a five year period we really need to be looking to get back to where we were before the rot started. I grew up knowing Villa as a team that would regularly finish top 6 and play in Europe. That is where I want them to be. Guys can laugh but there is no reason why we shouldn't target top 6 finishes, we are 4th or 5th in the all time league table, we have the 5th most league titles, we have had European success before. It's not like I'm demanding CLs and PL trophies. I want Villa to be a respectable team again.

For me personally there are two things I really want to see happen within the next five years, the change of crest and a start on the redevelopment of the North Stand, taking capacity to over 50k.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote