Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #7067 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

1. Name one or more board games that you like.

Axis and Allies. Risk for WW2 I guess. Used to play this game a lot with my best friend in high school/early 20s. I'd always lose but it was a blast, and then he gave me his copy when he got a newer version, after which I'd just play by myself at home and have games where I'd have arbitrary betrayals that would extend the game for days until it was two superpowers duking it out. Great game to play with other people or by yourself like a weirdo.

2. What is the most frustrating video/computer-game you have ever played?

Probably some Megaman game. I've played harder games, but I've played so much Megaman over the years that all the rage quits bleed into one another.

3. Did you watch Beverly Hills 90210 way back in the day when it first ran?

Great question. No. Does it count if I shamefully watched Dawson's Creek in secret?

4. Are you a Star Wars fan on any level?

These days not so much, but back in the day I was hardcore. Saw the Special Edition movies in theater and was completely converted. After that I played the Dark Forces games constantly (or at least the first two) along with Rogue Squadron and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter, read the terrible novels like they were crack, and actually gave a **** about Episode 1 until I was too old to keep carrying water for the new trilogy. After that my fandom dropped like a rock and metal became my new mistress.

Now... none of it holds the same magic, which makes me sad cause it was such a massive part of my life for years. I'm old enough to see how ****ty the books are and how flat the prose is even for the "good" ones, the original movies have far too many flaws for me to truly geek out on them, and I just haven't played many Star Wars games for a long while.

Mara Jade is still a top 3 SW character though. Too good for Luke Skywalker.

5. Do you ever drink scotch, rum or cognac with nothing added, except for perhaps icecubes?

No. Liquor is nasty.

6. Are you one of those weird people who willingly eat moldy cheeses?

I'll eat a blue cheese burger from a ****ty chain restaurant, but actual, "quality" moldy cheese doesn't do much for me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote