Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2017 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #254 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Many thanks to all the people who've been kind enough to nominate me. Sorry that in return I am imposing on you such a wall of text:-

Sexiest Member (female): a narrowly-fought contest between the only two active female members (afaik). The win goes to WWWP, because I can’t remember ever having seen a photo of Paedantic B

Biggest Fanboy / Fangirl of the Year: Chula, who waves the Led Zep flag with commendable loyalty
Nicest member: MicShazam is very friendly and keen to discuss music, also ManLikeMonkey who is always happy to contribute to a chat. They both regularly respond to my posts, and you can't get nicer than that.

Smartest poster: sometimes you read a post and think, “Wow, there’s an intelligence at work here which is out of my league!” When that happens, I usually find I’m reading a post by rostasi, innerspaceboy or Frownland

Funniest member: Batlord
Angriest Member: OccultHawk who hasn’t let old age blunt the edge of his distrust of almost everything. When Dylan Thomas wrote “Rage, rage, against the dying light”, I bet he had OH in mind. And elphenor is frequently to be found in battle, defending his ideas against allcomers.

Best Mediator: Trollheart often helps to keep tempers under control. He is very fair and is often prepared to take the time to soothe ruffled egos - except of course, as sometimes happens, he's ranting in his own right.

Best Site Contributor: Trollheart who keeps so many sections alive here.
Biggest Music Contributor: Trollheart again, for the sheer volume of his journals and reviews.
Best Taste in Music: Difficult to choose someone until this question is answered: http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...ood-bad-7.html
In the meantime, I pay special attention to anything recommended by grindy or neapolitan

Most Improved Member: I feel that oriphiel has long been a bit of a mystery, but this year I have at least worked out that he is a nice guy.
Most Underrated Poster: Pet_Sounds has kept a low profile this year, but then he steps up to volunteer for something like the MB Album Exchange – just as he has done in years past for this nominations thread. Also, by me at any rate, qwertyy. We have had some friendly exchanges recently and I feel I should know more about his likes, etc. Perhaps that’ll happen in the new year….

Best Thread Starter: another win for Trollheart
Most Missed Poster: the longer you’re an active member, the longer this list gets: Kiiii, tore, vanilla and sk all come to mind – and ribbons and misspoptart
Most Diverse Music Taste: Not only have Janszoon and rostasi heard of every musician you care to mention, they know the entire discographies track by track.
Thread of the Year: ManLikeMonkey’s Architecture is my favourite new thread, and as it’s not topical, it’ll keep running for years, I hope.
Moderator of the Year: Janszoon who, behind his humorous posts, holds in reserve the kind of gravitas that only one of our longest-serving mods can muster. Also Frownland who isn’t always the most impartial of mods, but is one of our most consistently active members, across a whole range of threads.

New Journal of the Year: MicShazam´s album and song picks is one of the few that I’ve explored, tbh.
Best New Member 2017: rubber soul is an unobtrusive, interesting, and sensible guy. He has fitted in so easily that it feels like he’s been here for years already. Unless she has left us already, GunmouthGrace shows a lot of promise; nice username and nice attitude.

Best Rivalry: Has to be Chula vs. Frownland or Chula vs. Anteater. Between them they brought at least one thread to a permanent stop, which must deserve some kind of extra accolade.
Biggest Lounge Lizard: Batlord posts so often, I sometimes wonder if he has a job at all, or is it just a convenient cover story…..
Virtuoso of the Year: I really should check out more of MB members’ own music, but until I do, I’m voting, like last year, for Plankton and Xurtio
Lifetime Achievement Award: Hoping that Lucem Ferre doesn’t mind, I’m just going to x2 what he wrote because I completely agree. Well said, Lucem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Chula Vista because he's been through a lot of really rough **** through the last year and continues to keep his chin up. A trait I think a lot of us don't exhibit even while everybody on here seems to use him as a punch line. I think the reason he's so quick to go off is cause life has put him on edge. Seems people on here tend to kick people while they're down because it's easier to get a reaction. Chula always seems to try and be compassionate and caring and generally nice despite dark times.