Music Banter - View Single Post - a push in the right direction
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I find some of this music to be quite challenging - the challenge being to stick it out to the end without slipping into a coma.

^ Nevertheless, I can x2 this recommendation, although it's best to choose carefully to get the Eno that you want. Some of his best ambient albums were done with Fripp, who of course went on to do plenty of ambient albums on his own. Of the whole bunch, I'd recommend "Heavenly Music Corporation" as being their finest hour; it has some slow but robust guitar playing from R.Fripp.

^ This album sounds great - as you say, it may not fit the OP requirements too well, but it is all the better for that, imo. For a similar reason I liked the Vangelis and Wave Racer tracks too.
I'm glad you liked it. I remember the first time I heard it, the opening track blew me away. It just has a nice combination of groove, atmosphere, and it does occasionally get into that atmospheric ambience that I think the OP is referring to, but I was just kind of listening to that followup post and Air was one of the first things I thought of.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote