Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:17 AM   #10335 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

NRA uses a Parks and Recreations gif of Leslie Knope to thank their spokesperson after the CNN Town Hall.

"Within an hour, Parks and Recreation creator Mike Schur responded to the NRA, writing, "Hi, please take this down. I would prefer you not to use a GIF from a show I worked on to promote your pro-slaughter agenda." He also spoke on behalf of Amy Poehler – who portrayed Knope – writing, "Also, Amy isn't on Twitter, but she texted me a message: 'Can you tweet the NRA for me and tell them I said **** off?'"

"Adam Scott, who played Ben Wyatt, tweeted, "Hey nra please stay the **** away from Leslie Knope." And Nick Offerman, who played lovable libertarian Ron Swanson, told the NRA and Loesch, "Our good-hearted show and especially our Leslie Knope represent the opposite of your pro-slaughter agenda – take it down and also please eat ****." Aubrey Plaza then piggy-backed off Offerman's tweet, sharing a GIF of her own character, April Ludgate, quipping, "Burn."

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote