Music Banter - View Single Post - from freak fighter to lamp lighter
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #409 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

galileo dreams best of 2016 chillout ambient space music 2016

One of the best experiences of my life happened by chance when I was looking for monastery in Bodhgaya that Lonely Planet said put up tourists for cheap. I got lost as **** and stumbled on another monastery. There were no other tourists there but when I asked they put me in a room. Bodhgaya is flooded with pilgrims and and tourists but this place wasn’t. In fact, it wasn’t even a monastery but just a place where regular Tibetan dudes dressed up as monks so they could get religious asylum in India. In actuality, they didn’t give a **** about Buddhism except as a rouse to avoid being deported back to Chinese occupied Tibet. If you asked these guys about Tibet they would say you must mean China because Tibet is dead. The movie 7 years in Tibet had come out and the Dalai Lama was already a goofy celebrity. My best guess was these guys were being sponsored by American liberals who took up a trendy cause. They basically had no chance of being deported because India is cool like that so they wore their yellowy-orange monk outfits and then did whatever. They didn’t chant and meditate or contemplate unsolvable riddles. Instead they leisurely ate non-vegetarian meals (sometimes big ass buffalo steaks cooked out on the fire), took naps and had women over. They did get their water from a well, though. You didn’t drop a bucket into it, you pumped it, and the water came out a hose. They had a cement room with a slit in the floor to **** in. I had no idea how they dealt with the waste after that. I guess one of their expenses was having it periodically vacuumed out (maybe by a movie star). My room cost little more than a dollar a week. I think I stayed about 10 days or so.

There’s an album review in here. While I was there I went wondering around and ran across a bunch of locals eating bowls of rice. They cost like three cents or some **** so I got one. The rice had so many flies in it I think they were left in intentionally to add nutrients. Not being at risk for starvation I wasn’t very impressed. I picked out the flies and ate it anyway. This album is comparably palatable.

I took a nap under this tree. Someone woke me up and said I was being disrespectful. I said Buddha did it too.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote