Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default Albums You're Digging II

I closed the last one because it was essentially a game, this time post the albums and say something on them, right-track gave me this idea. They don't have to be extensive like mine are I'm just wordy and get carried away they can be as simple as one sentence but please make it more than a simple "I like it" comparisons and favorite songs would be cool.

3. Manic Street Preachers "Gold Against the Soul"
This album floats somewhere between Arena Rock, Punk, maybe britpop? I don't know its a combination of a lot of things. This band would go onto release The Holy Bible one of my recent favorite albums of the 90s and the bands masterpiece but they're not quite at that point yet still they manage to create a solid rock album. Richey James and Nickey Wire (mostly Richey) are too great songwriters, though this band writes some odd melodies in order to fit with the lyrics.
Favorite Songs: Roses in the Hospital, La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh), From Despair To Where, Gold Against The Soul, Life Becoming A Landslide

2. The Smiths "The Smiths"
The Smiths debut is less refined than the albums following it and the production makes it seem even more amateur but Morrissey writes some of the most poetic lyrics of his career here, which isn't shocking seeing as he spent months writing this album in his bedroom before he was even aware of Johnny Marr's existence..
Favorite Songs: The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, Suffer Little Children, Still Ill, This Charming Man, Hand In Glove, Reel Around the Fountain

1. Belle & Sebastian "If You're Feeling Sinister"
This is the First Belle & Sebastian album I've heard yes I've only recently started warming to it as I get more and more into them. I still don't like it as much as Dear Catastrophe Waitress but I think it could be my third favorite album by them. I love Murdoch's lyrics.
Favorite Songs: Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying, Mayfly, If You're Feeling Sinister, Judy and the Dream of Horses, Like Dylan in the Movies
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote