Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Pink Floyd-La Carrera Panamericana (1992)

Nick Mason and David Gilmour took part in this legendary race in the early 90's. A documentary was made and the Floyd supplied the soundtrack. Most of the tracks were left over from A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON and consist of fairly average instrumentals. Still nice to have if you love the Floyd.

Discharge-Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing (1982)

Coming just after the classic and influential Damaged by Black Flag. This album perfectly marriages that albums nihilism with a remarkably aggressive sound that predates the thrash metal explosion of a year later. Double bass drum kicks, brutal riffs and snarling brutality combine to make one of the best punk/crossover albums ever.

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society (1968)

I have only just heard this and I'm asking myself-how could I let a gem like this slip through my fingers? In Ray Davies the U.K has one of it's finest singer-songwriters. On this album you can see why. The Last of The Steam Powered Trains and Wicked Annabella are not only great musically but lyrically too. A great pop album that has gotten lost in the haze of Sgt. Peppers and The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn seemingly being the sole representatives of great british 60's pop.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote