Music Banter - View Single Post - Mars Volta-Frances the Mute, incredible!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
soundgardenrox
Music Addict

Default Mars Volta-Frances the Mute, incredible!

I got the cd today. When i listened to the first track, i automatically knew this album was for real. This was no push over job, this is a masterpiece. Any prog. rock lovers, will go crazy over this. I am fan of prog. rock, and this is my favorite and i've only owned the album for about 6 hours lol. I like this better than Pink Floyd's The Wall. It is seriously that good. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is definitely going to be THE guitarist that will change rock, and make it move on. I am soo glad to see a rock album that isnt the same old b/s. Deloused in the Comatorium was really good, but this is by far better, well this is ofcourse somewhat subjective but i think it is their best work. And also Flea and John Frusciante made a guest appearance on the record. Frusciante layed down some killer licks on the track titled, "L'Via L'Viaquez" and Flea played some amazing trumpet licks that were quite good on the track, "Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore", and on "Casandra Geminni". I must say this is already in my top 10 list of greatest albums. I hope this album will make a great impact on the rock world, if it doesn't, then it's a shame.
soundgardenrox is offline   Reply With Quote