Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Top 5 Songs About Loss
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wifey Boozer
Meanie McFeany

Default Your Top 5 Songs About Loss

The day's events inspired this thread. Don't let it die.

Mine:

Glycerine - Bush: Heard this song on the radio today for the first time in ages & it made me cry, again. Beautiful song, raw, speaks to a variety of situations. Personal meaning. YouTube - Bush - Glycerine

Fire and Rain - James Taylor: Always been one of my faves. You might leave angry, or forget to call, or just not be able to be there at the time that's needed. Sometimes there aren't second chances. YouTube - James Taylor - "Fire & Rain"

You Can't Always Get What You Want - Stones: "Immediate disqualification because of it's involvement with the Big Chill," Berry said one morning at Championship Vinyl. It should be immediate DQ, but it's in that film for a reason; and it speaks in beautiful poetry about losing someone, or something. And the music is gorgeous. It tried so hard in vain to be optimistic about the situation ahand, but you get it. YouTube - Rolling Stones - You can't always get what you want

Bell Bottom Blues - Derek and the Dominos: Self-spoken. Personal meaning. YouTube - Bell Bottom Blues - Derek and the Dominos

Flower in the Sun - Janis Joplin: Raw, honest, beautiful. Also self-spoken. YouTube - Janis Joplin - Flower in the sun

... Stalin had a FANTASTIC moustache.

Formerly known as the Prime Minister of Spain.

[backintheubbr]
Wifey Boozer is offline   Reply With Quote