Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bulldog 150
Thread: The Bulldog 150
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
best Buddhist psychosis rockers. Charge the Guns is one of my favourites too - best anti-war song ever. One of the picks for album of the decade though? YOURE NOT WRONG man. we need a new album from them to annihilate all the shit. they pulverize everyone else i've ever seen live aswell

spose alternative tv are alright too
Yeah, where was it you saw them, Glasto wasn't it? Lucky bastard...

Dunno about everyone here, but I've certainly got high hopes for the new album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
And The Music? The second record is decent, the third is decent enough but rather disappointing. The debut however would be on my list but even further towards the top. Im staring at a poster of the debut's album cover as I type this with a gig ticket stuck to the bottom right hand corner of it. Great record, and you are right in that you can tell the band were destroyed making it, the opening track is a complete haze and really punches you in the face. You are correct when you say its nothing original, if you cant hear the Led Zep influence in it then I'd question your hearing but i love it and the gig I went to in promotion of this record remains one of the very best gigs I've ever seen. I don't think vocals that werent screamed have ever actually hurt my ears so much before.

*Round of applause*
One of my flatmates used to work at the Astoria. Not only has he met Paul Weller and Tracey Thorn, but he's also seen the Music there. As you can imagine, I'm pretty damn jealous of him. As for this album, you're spot on, it's a superb piece of work. Bear in mind though that I could only manage to put the top 30 in order of preference - the other 70 are just a randomised gathering of the albums I wouldn't quite put there. As for the rest of the Music's stuff, Welcome To the North is great, the newest one hasn't quite clicked with me though. It's decent enough, as you say, but doesn't quite stand up with the rest of their work.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback folks. As for the rest of the thread, the first mixtape is now here;

100-91.rar
1. Alternative TV - Alternatives
2. Gomez - Whippin' Picadilly
3. Gram Parsons - We'll Sweep Out the Ashes In the Morning
4. Frank Zappa - While You Were Art II
5. Ohio Players - Jive Turkey
6. The Triffids - Tarrilup Bridge
7. The Music - Float
8. Third World - Human Marketplace
9. Souad Massi - Deb
10. Bruce Springsteen - Johnny 99

I'll get cracking on the next four list entries in a tick...
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote