Music Banter - View Single Post - What Jazz album are you listening to?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I have a quite few jazz albums now that I really like, but my favourite at the moment is probably Miles Davis Kind of Blue which, of course, is an immortal classic.

Also, Anteater (another user here) recently tipped me about Return to Forever's self-titled debut which I also liked a lot. I've given it a few spins these last couple of days. It's quite laid back 70s jazz fusion and might appeal to folks who like stuff like Weather Report or Soft Machine. Recommended!
I have to agre that 'Kind Of Blue' is outstanding but simply cant be my personal favourite when it comes to Miles Davis as I started off with his later stuff and have kind of become rooted in later jazz music although I can still appreciate the old stuff just as much (If you know what I mean). The first Miles Davis album I bought was 'Decoy' (1984). My favourite/most listened to would have to be 'Doo-Bop' surprisingly; although I have recentley discovered 'Sketches Of Spain' which is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Jeff Healey - Mess of Blues
Bohren & Der Club - Dolores
I have mess of blues by jeff healey is an excellent album; dont know the other artist/album have added to downloads lists though anyway; Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonace
What kind of idiot quotes his own post?

People who like to talk about themselves?

Thanks very much everyone for letting us know about all these albums, most of which I havent heard of so have added to list for downloading.
Cheers!
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote