Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Everybody's talking is a great song .. You should consider adding youtube vids to your posts for instant sampling.
Sure, I think I can manage that. I'll do it when I get home where youtube isn't blocked

SONG: Hold The Line
ARTIST: Toto
ALBUM: Toto

I'm not an extremely huge '80s fan but there are a few songs I really enjoy. I find this song to be one of them. I would hate think how many times I've played this and people argue with me that this is Foreigner. Well, it is not. It is Toto. And Toto has my full respect because of this little number.

Hold The Line was technically released in '79 but it really sets off some of the upcoming beats and rhythm of the eighties. Pretty awesome piano intro. If I ever learned how to play piano this would be my first thing to learn.

Then it goes right into some intense '80s guitar. (I don't know much about guitars but the electric guitars in the '80s had a such a specific sound and they played them in a certain way that you can really tell apart from the other eras, I guess its just like anything though).

Well, this gets the song off to a pretty good start. The song then sinks into the smooth voice of Bobby Kimball. If you don't feel the need to sing along with this song then you are weird. The lyrics aren't the deepest by any means, but all around, its just a really fun song to rock out to.

The second song I'm really feeling today is.......

SONG: Mother
ARTIST: Danzig
ALBUM: Danzig

This song is gold. Pure and simple. This is hard rock at its finest. Not TOO huge on anything else of Danzig's (even though they are a cool band) but this song is BAD ASS. The Danzig Mother video I will post is even more far out. Probably the best rock video I have ever seen. I would have given anything to be at this concert. I probably would have been eaten alive though, all 100 pounds of me haha.

Guitar = genius. Starts off slow and steady and so does Danzig's vocals then he starts getting a little crazy and so does John Christ (awesome dude) on guitar. Everything gets harder and faster as the song progresses.

I have to pause here for a minute to express to everyone how much I love Danzig's voice. I will not explain it, you can experience it for yourself.

I qualify this to be one of the best head banging songs in history.

That is all for today.

Last edited by Flower Child; 05-06-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: adding videos
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote