Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #5594 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

I read about this Kaki King on Wiki as she had been supporting the Foo Fighters or something & is pretty good mates with Dave Grohl.
Sadly, I havent got round to listening to this yet so cant comment. I have heard from several people that she is an excellent player though.

I have known the Foo Fighters for years but strangely the only two albums I have never heard are this one & 'The Colour & The Shape'. I have all the others, 'There Is Nothing Left To Lose' being my favourite out of those.

I think it is the heaviest Foo Fighters album I ever heard (unless Colour & Shape is heavier). 'This Is A Call' is a fantastic song as are the proceeding 3 tracks. Have only listened once so will have to listen more to get into the other tracks.

Haha, this is (how to put it) extremely different avant garde music. The band is a third incarnation of the original band 'King Missile' all of which include the versatile singer & composer John S Hall.
This album is humorous & angry at the same time (see the song 'America Kicks Ass' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_Kicks_Ass).
There are also other really strange songs where he suggest we 'Get Down With The Funky ****' ('Get down into the ****...roll around in it').
The funny thing about this album is that the music is excellent but is a parody of what he is actually talking about over the music or screaming at times.
On the song 'Suggested Response To The Coming Crisis' he suggests that people should be 'ass f*cking' in the street- especially women f*cking men in the ass with *****s' saying that we should 'f*ck our way out of global warming'.
Now this isnt exactly my favourite topic for a singer to talk about but I find it pretty funny to listen to.

I have been into Stone Roses for years, they were one of the first bands that got me into guitar based music.

I had been aware of this for a while but had been put off by the aspect of all their songs remixed as I wasnt really into electronica at the time.
But since Ive come to appreciate/gotten into artists like 808 State, Orbital & A Guy Called Gerald - all of which feature on this album- I went out and managed to get it for a fiver.
The thing that I really enjoyed about listening to this album was that I hadnt listened to Stone Roses in a long time so to hear their songs remixed with longer intros & then recognise every single song and remember how much I used to love listening to them, it really made it a great listen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rem...ne_Roses_album)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 05-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote