Music Banter - View Single Post - Lossy Audio Formats (mp3, ogg, m4a, etc), Quality and Comparisons
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobodys_Nerfect View Post
Very informative thread, I enjoyed reading it and looking at the charts and trying to piece two and two together. The science of sound is still something I have a hard time comprehending, it wasn't my niche for science (Earth science was more my thing), but I really enjoyed it. The chart of the bit rates was extremely accurate. Anything less than 128 kb/s and I discard it and look for something better.
Thanks for the feedback

After reading these tests and experimenting a bit myself, it's become increasingly appearant for me that I myself don't really need albums at 320 kbps. After playing too much drums without hearing protection and so on, I've become a sufferer of tinnitus and my hearing ability has taken a blow so .. Actually, 160 kbps is probably more than I need.

People with young ears like Anteater might wanna "safe it" with higher BR files though, if they wanna make sure they get the best. However, the listening experience will probably be as enjoyable with lower BR files.

192 kbps is the middle ground between the tired old ears and the audiophile's requirements.