Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite movies of all time
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyridr View Post
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - for a martial arts film, they come any better than this. of special note is the hand and footwork in the first fight, and of course, the scene everyone loves, the warehouse fight.

When the last sword is drawn - a picture of what samurai life was like at the end of the edo period/early mejii era. heartwrenchingly sad, beautifully told.

A tale of two sisters - possibly the finest horror film ever made, ever

They live - no one can deny it contains the finest streetfight ever choreographed for film. certainly the most parodied fight, and the most copied in all of film history. if that's not enough, it has roddy piper, keith david, and aliens.

Life is beautiful - i love this movie, it has nearly everything a movie should have, and almost nothing that it shouldn't. it's nearly perfect.

honorable mention:
Gran torino - possibly clint eastwoods finest product

i was going to list kevin costner's "the postman" just as a joke, but then i realized it was too far fetched and no one would have believed it.
Have you ever seen Twilight Samurai? A very slow moving but beautiful about the Samurai code.

Kudos for They Live. Such a great great movie. If that movie starred Carpenter fave Kurt Russell then it would have been even bigger!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote