Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

SONG: Chan Chan
ARTIST: Buena Vista Social Club
ALBUM: Buena Vista Social Club

I have recently discovered Buena Vista Social Club and it has gotten me so excited. I had a very hard time picking out my favorite song to review and, even though this song is usually everybody's favorite, I have to agree that Chan Chan is one of their best.

I adore traditional sounding Cuban music and when I heard this, it was like I won the lottery. The vocals and the guitars are the stars in this piece. It is very hard to describe the mood this song, it is neither happy nor sad. I get the feeling of anticipating something big that is about to happen. Whatever it is, it sucks you in and makes you feel like you are actually sitting in Cuba listening to them in their little venue for that five minutes. I love songs that take you to another place and time, and this song is very successful at that. I must also mention the beautiful trumpet piece in there. It is oveflowing with tension and it adds a nice change up to the song for that time it is playing. Overall, a beautifully refreshing song that I find myself playing over and over because of the amazing way it makes me feel.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote