Music Banter - View Single Post - Guided By Voices
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Roygbiv
marquee moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamesedream View Post
I got into this band not too long ago and they've definitely become one of my favorite bands due to having a catalog of albums where nearly every one is really great - but I've discovered I'm very much in the minority of GBV fans, my personal favorite album is Do The Collapse, which alot of people seem to hate. Also it seems I'm one of the few fans who loves ANY of their albums other than the trilogy of Bee Thousand, Alien Lanes, and Under The Bushes Under the Stars

Bee Thousand is easily the most essential and best album they ever did though, and the one I would recommend. It's got a vibe about it that just screams "this is one of those life changing records I'm hearing right now"...to those new to it: the first time you hear it, the unprofessional (to put it lightly) recording quality can be somewhat off-putting, but then a day or two passes and so many hooks are floating around your head, it just takes over you. It's a grower, but it grows quickly and once it does you're hooked forever.
That's a fantastic summary of Bee Thousand.
Roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote