Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #87 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

SONG: Mami Me Gusto
ARTIST: Ibrahim Ferrer
ALBUM: Buena Vista Social Club Presents: Ibrahim Ferrer

I have to show you the album artwork because I think Ibrahim Ferrer is such a cute old guy

Every once in a great while, I will discover a new song that I play over, and over, and over, and over, and forget that any other songs exist. Right now, Mami Me Gusto is that song. I just can't get enough of it! I would decibe this song as quick, vibrant, enegetic, and in the peppiest of moods. It has just the right amount of pauses at just the right time, an in-your-face energy that inevitably makes me want to dance, and the authentic sound that I want to hear coming from a traditional Cuban band.

I absolutely HAD to see what the lyrics were to this song, unlike my usual self wanting them to remain a mystery and up to my own interpretation.

The lyrics translated:

"That thing you did, mama, I liked it. I liked it.
I like you, you're a flirt
I like you, you're vain
I like you, you're a show off
There's lots of thing I like about you

I like the smooth way you walk
I like the way you move your hips
I like the way you're so sweet
Theres lots of things I like about you

Even that little kiss you gave me last night
I swear, it set me up to heaven

Carry on riding on the train of life,
you know, I am the driver

Catchin, tell the whole world
I am the one who bewitched you"

The lyrics explain the upbeat mood of the song.

This song has such a great intro. A classic build up of energy to the chorus. And the chrous is outstanding. A choppy bouncy bit by many vocalists that kinda trails off at the end and back into Ibrahim Ferrer's voice. There are so many instruments doing so many things during this song, not to mention the small details made by the little percussion instruments, I can't really decribe it to you. But there is a stand out piano solo in this song. Yep, a piano. I think it works really well in this song, even though I'm not a huge piano fan. I would recommended this a hundred times over to any Latin fans.

ALSO: Bulldog, did you ever get around to listening to this album? If so, lets discuss

Everyone else, just do me a favor and listen to this.

GET THE SONG

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nznienn1moi/05 Mami Me Gustó.mp3
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote