Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Songs from the Golden Age of Reggae
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #72 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Update from Gavin B.

An Index to Thread is Forthcoming

I'm in the process of producting an index to this thread, Songs from the Golden Age of Reggae that will allow the thread user to easily access the songs on this thread both by artist and title, so you don't need to seach all the pages of thread if you want to hear all the songs by Sugar Minott, for example. I'm also thinking about including some music by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer (the original Wailers) now that we've covered so many of the other artists who contributed to reggae music.

My initial fear upon developing the idea for the Golden Age of Reggae thread was the thread would develop into a Bob Marley/Peter Tosh/Bunny Wailer appreciation thread that would marginalize other great Jamaican reggae artists who came before and after the Marley era. In some ways the Marley era is still with us because Bob is the only reggae star that is still selling significant numbers of albums 40 years after the rise of roots reggae music on the Jamaican music scene.

It will take me a week or two to develop the index which I will add to my first post at the very top of the thread for the convenience of the song seekers who want to check out a particular artist or song.

BTW, I recently nominated Bob Marley to the Music Banter Hall of Fame and I'm lobbying all reggae music fans to vote to induct him, so reggae music has it's first MB Hall of Fame member. As it currently stands the Hall of Fame is devoid of both black musicians and female musicians and the induction of Marley would be a big breakthrough.

Reggae Music Archive

The above image can be found on my newly opened archive of reggae and rasta related images called ReggaeMusicArchive. I just started the archive a couple of days ago but eventually I'm hoping to include a large collection of rastafarian art, reggae music album covers, pictures of Jamaica, photos of reggae musicians and my own photography of reggae musicians, concerts and places in Jamaica. The archive will be public domain free use and anybody can use the images for their own purposes.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote