Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

I lived with my grandparents for the better part of my first six years and my grandma's a hardcore Mormon, so that was my first experience with religion. I would go to church with her on sundays but being so young it was more of a social event than anything (plus I got really good at sneaking extra pieces of bread from the "body of christ" dish). I was never allowed to ask questions I had about the bible, God, or anything to do with questioning the church, and even then I thought this was strange.

But to get away from ranting more about Mormonism, as I grew older I still considered myself a Christian because, like nonsubmissivewife said, my sole basis for following religion was fear. Not until the last couple of years did I allow myself to really question my beliefs. One day I just kind of realized that I don't believe in god. I don't believe in heaven and hell, and I definitely don't believe that "truth is determined by our feelings" (that's a fundamental Mormon belief for those of you who didn't know).

To summarize, I am an atheist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote