Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you religious?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
But to get away from ranting more about Mormonism, as I grew older I still considered myself a Christian because, like nonsubmissivewife said, my sole basis for following religion was fear. Not until the last couple of years did I allow myself to really question my beliefs. One day I just kind of realized that I don't believe in god. I don't believe in heaven and hell, and I definitely don't believe that "truth is determined by our feelings" (that's a fundamental Mormon belief for those of you who didn't know).

To summarize, I am an atheist.
The first 7 years of my life I didn't even know there is something called "God", cause I was in a laic school [and I'm not aware of my parent's religious activities in this time].
Then I got transfered to a a Catholic school, and because I wasn't aware of God it made me feel like a sinner. So I made everything a good Christian would do, I even made a praying corner in my room with candles and everything. And it did become this kind of God that won't let me be afraid.

But with time, and being in the middle of the Christian hypocrisy I just noticed how meaningless it is. Maybe if I transfered back from the catholic school I would still be a believer, but being in the middle of it just made me sick.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote