Music Banter - View Single Post - Michigan Nuggets (url inside) - 60's Detroit Era
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
dogbox
Groupie

Oh yeah michigan nuggets is/was my favourite album when i actually had it in my possession. I had No. 257 of 1000 (rubber stamped). It was clean white double album sleeve with a colour printed piece of paper stuck on as the front cover. What was cool was the picture of Iggy pop hand drawn, a direct copy of the raw power cover, but instead he was holding a large spoon instead of a mic and there ws like a bowl of cereal and the words nuggets - can't remember, but it was cool (funny thing-no stooges/iggy on the album). Also there was some really cool photos and descriptions of all the bands. Some were just made up e.g there a description of "Binky Diamond" lead singer of the tidal waves and the photo was supposed to be taken just before his onstage electrocution!! lots of funny stuff like that-which for year I thought was true. Who ever the dude was who put the thing out did it as a real labour of love - I heard it was some Detroit Radio DJ dunno? Anyways I leant it to some chick in the late 80s trying to impress her-and never got the thing back.. sure sticks in my brain though
dogbox is offline   Reply With Quote