Music Banter - View Single Post - Short Movies only
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Default Short Movies only

I've been watching a lot of short movies the couple of years, and there's some really quality stuff out there. Plus we're taking a course about it, so it has become a weekly thing for me, as it is the only thing I'll be doing the next three years.

So I felt Short Movies should have a thread of their own. It would be a cool place to recommend some stuff, right some sort of review and give a link to their videos, cause it can be easily watched on youtube (Not high big screen quality, but I think it can work for a 15 minutes movie).

I'll be recommending my share whenever I remember a good one, and today was one of those days:

TRUE (2006) by Tom Tykwer

A short movie that was then compiled with others in Paris, Je t'aime (named in the movie "Faubourg Saint Denis") starring Nathalie Portman. It's one of the subtlest things I've seen, so simple and so heartfelt. It's a simple boy meets girl story, but so nicely done.

Or just watch it full screen on youtube: YouTube - Paris, je t'aime - Tom Tykwer

Another completely different one that I felt like talking about:

THE HEART OF THE WORLD (2000) by Guy Madden

A short movie that gives homage to German expressionist films and Silent movies in all, so it's one of those silent shorts. It's got a bit of an absurd plot, a bit reminiscent of Melies' "A trip to the moon" (1902). It's about Anna, a scientist, just discovering that the heart of the world is going to stop (a kind of a heart attack) in exactly one day. I don't want to tell much of it, cause it is only a 6 minute movie.

Here's the link for youtube: YouTube - GUY MADDIN - The Heart of the World

or just watch here:

These are two short movies that I never was able to forget. Replies would be appreciated.

Enjoy!
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote