Music Banter - View Single Post - Lowkey
Thread: Lowkey
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

I listened to all the tracks that you posted in your first post.

There's a difference between defending an entire subgenre of music against one way to approach it. I never said all gangsta rap was good, and I can't name very many current gangsta rappers. But I do recognize that it doesn't need to be ABOLISHED. Nothing does, not even "rap is bad." However, it can be approached in different ways, and not said the same way over and over and over and over.

No, he's not doing it better than most. It's the same thing. Like I said about the other aspects of the music: pansy, stiff flow, and generic FL Studio-sounding beats.

Rap doesn't suck. Rap's current condition is fine. Yeah, the mainstream has plenty of annoying candy rappers, but they don't encompass all of modern rap.

Right, you present us with videos so we can check out the artist. Then, when someone disagrees, they're stupid, "judgmental, narrowminded trolls." Give ME a fucking break. Every time I've come across you on the board where there's been disagreement, you act like a vagina. It's just disagreement. Chill the fuck out. I haven't even disrespected.

If anyone here is judgmental, it's you. Do you not remember when I defended rap when I said anyone can rap about what they want, what's important is that they have an interesting approach to the idea, and YOU began ranting about how I should just "stick to Lil' Wayne and my other stupid gangsta rappers?" when you don't even know what I really listen to? Right. I'm judgmental.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote