Music Banter - View Single Post - Lowkey
Thread: Lowkey
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Captain Awesome
On A Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

No, he's not doing it better than most. It's the same thing. Like I said about the other aspects of the music: pansy, stiff flow, and generic FL Studio-sounding beats.
LOL i disagree with everything you said. He flows better than most and his beats are good (although not the best). and by pansy what do you mean? pansy here means you're not tough. Please don't tell me that's what you're talking about.

Lowkey > the entire mainstream, bar none.

As a song writer he surpasses most.

I just prefer artists who are either one of two things

1. Great lyrically and entertaining (strong punchlines, creative wordplay etc).

2. Have a message or story that they convey and deliver extremely well.

Lowkey is the second. Rappers like Stig are the first. People like Pez, Bliss n Eso, are a mix of both.

Rhyming about how cool you are and how gangster you are while trying to pass it off as actual fact just makes you look like an idiot. There's plenty of gangster rappers but there's no such thing as a gangster who raps.

You find lowkey generic and boring despite the fact there isn't a single rapper out there right now who can do what he's doing on the same level. This is an educated political activist, playwright and poet who doesn't exagerrate and doesn't pretend to be something he is not.

Judging a RAPPER on their beats? seriously what has this culture came to when a lyricist is judged on his producers ability?

Like lowkey himself said;

"Yeah it might sound better when they spit it out but would it mean anything written down?"

**** you and your closed minded opinion.

"If we're all merely players in a play on this great stage,
the problem is the script writers ain't on the same page,
I echo through the mountain when I'm singing in the air,
from my lab a lad with lavish lyrics living in his lair."

"Wake up and listen, hear what's not for the public's ears
Pinocchio poets played by profiting puppeteers"
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote