Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #57 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Neapolitan never pisses me off, lucifer_sam, so if there ever comes a time when you want to "put him down," please do not include me in your "we." It sounds to me like you may be implying that such a thing might happen to Neapolitan, and I would fiercely oppose this action.

Also, I hope people being pissed off by a member isn't a main reason anyone would be "put down." Even if someone *did* piss me off due to his or her attitudes or behaviors that I perceive as unhelpful to MB (though not violating the rules), I would still not want that member to be banned.

I don't have the expectation that everyone will "get along" in any community. They certainly don't in real communities, so I see no reason why an online community wouldn't or shouldn't be the same (except that too many spats distract from music discussion and might make the administration fear loss of members and revenue).

Plus, the hope that people who don't get along will learn to do so creates an exciting potential. Look at me and The Unfan! It's a beautiful, real-life story, really: we moved past our differences and found our commonalities...and I continue to have respectful interactions with him. Maybe, someday, even you and *I* might get along, lucifer_sam!
Sadly my dear you are very, very wrong. Urban actually polled the members to see what would be done with coryallen2, it wasn't unanimous but it was most definitely decisive. Whether or not you agree isn't relevant to me.

And everybody needs a thorn in their side to work well together, without you where would I turn to abuse radical veganism?