Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
t3hplatyz0rz
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Secondly, and I think this is bigger - most forum posters are ****ing vaginas. I've said prior, most show up here with whatever opinions happened to stick to them as they walked through life. No one comes to MB as a "scholar" because those people are generally touting how great jazz and classical are, and they find no responses here. That and their *******s. So your average Joe shows up to these boards and is promtly savaged with a 4-Iron by clueless dopes who not only think Minus the Bear is Jesus, but revers them with the same regard that the scholars revere Jazz and Classical. The larger differece being that Minus the Bear sucks, and we do respond to Indie threads.

Once these Johnny 6-packs are abused enough they either leave, or start to conform. And they don't kind of conform, they jump in whole hog and beat the hell out of the newbie wave behind them. They are assisted by the few that had just finished beating them, and who are now just as snarky but with less fire.

Eventually those folks become established or leave, and the final tier of a forum poster becomes somewhat of a seasoned veteran in musical exploration and argument. Even still, old habits die hard and conventional wisdom is questioned but rarely explored. And thats the problem. This penthouse class of posters doesn't weild its experience like a weapon to slaughter sacred cows, they sit, kowtowed to the systems and norms that were in place when they showed up here.
This is my life cycle. I do this one one site, and then when I start getting to the final stage, I change sites and start it again.