Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I only flipped through the novel on the next page of this thread, so I don't know what's going on there, but I agree whole-heartedly with this statement here.

For individuals who've been here a while, yes, you may become disillusioned, discouraged, or just not like the direction things are going. But you don't have to screw it up for the new people by reiterating over and over again how much you dislike it.

Don't be a kill joy! Be on your way and let the n00bs have fun.
I don't think anyone is screwing the site up for anyone. This thread was started by a non leaver and people have been giving their opinions whether positive or negative and have a right to do that whether others agree or not. Sometimes a different opinion is what pushes things forward but even so I haven't seen a whole bunch of threads or posts constantly bemoaning the site.

I myself have left MB generally on the quiet as I'm disillusioned with the site but that can be attributed to a personal preference and not neccessarily an elitist attitude whereby I think I'm above anyone else on here etc

Because I genuinely do love music, it forms such a huge part of my life I guess I have been looking for acceptance and/or validation for my musical preferences and when that hasn't always been forthcoming I dwelt on that but now I am perfectly happy to go back into my own little bubble that I was in before I came to this site and realise that I am stupid and naive to crave that acceptance and should (and do) just go ahead and listen to what the hell I like.

There is no doubt that MB has broadened my musical tastes even more and it is one of the very best music forums out there but like a few others I can see the potential of the site being much more than just another internet forum with the wealth of knowledgeable and intelligent posters we have amassed on here this site could be THE place to go for most music fans whilst still holding onto it's identity and lack of professional critics which grounds the views in the everyday fan and not the educated journalist types who can lose touch with the grass roots of music.

Saying that there are many who like the format of the site and I fully respect that. I'm just proffering my views on my lack of visits and contributions here anymore and I can't speak for others who don't frequent the site as much as they used too.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote