Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Nominated by Gavin B.

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Has Bob Marley never been nominated to the MB Hall of Fame? That's hard for me to believe so I'm going to nominate him because he is still the most internationally recognized musician 30 years beyond his death.

Bob produced a body of music that has stood the test of time and his back catalog of albums are second only to the Beatles in international sales. He also brought reggae music to the 7 continents of the earth and the four corners of the globe. Bob composed music that significantly changed people's lives and the world we live in. He should have been one of the first nominees.

Here are some of my favorite Marley videos on YouTube:

Concrete Jungle-- In the video Peter Tosh is on the left with sunglasses on, Bob is in the middle and Bunny Wailer is to the right with the funny fez hat on his head.

Coming In From the Cold

One Drop--- This video is from Bob's last concert in 1980. It's amazing how much energy he had, even as he was months away from his death.

Zimbabwe-- This is from his 1979 tour at Harvard Stadium... I was at that show and it was the best concert I've ever seen.