Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #156 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

I'm glad you boys up there are enjoying it.
Thanks for the comments.

SONG: Walkin' After Midnight
ARTIST: Patsy Cline
ALBUM: Patsy Cline

I've recently re-discovered Patsy Cline, a woman whose name I've known my whole life but whose music I've really failed to appreciate until now. It wasn't until maybe early April when my grandpa and I were coming home from fishing in his old pickup and it started pouring rain, my grandpa decided to turn the radio on, and just with perfect timing those shakey opening steel guitars sang out fuzzily though the speakers, and I was struck. It may have been the circumstances I was in, the rain, the old pickup, out in the country, with my grandpa, that made this song feel so right. I wish I could have just frozen that moment in time and kept it forever because it was so special. I felt like I was living in a moment back some 60 years ago. I owe it all to Patsy Cline and this old country classic.

There is such an innocence about this song that I just adore. I get so sick sometimes of artists trying too hard to be sexy and all the graphic lyrics flung around loosely now. This song is so subtle and innocent, yet there is an ever so faint sex appeal hidden in this song that just makes me fall in love with Patsy Cline and that strong smoldering voice of hers.

Then not long after my radio experience I just happened to see a clip of her performing this song on tv (the second video up there) and it really just sealed the deal for me. I'm in love. Once I get my ducks in a row, expect a review of hers in the classic country thread.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote