Music Banter - View Single Post - The Soul & Funk Music Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
MAStudent
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
Dont! under bid yourself on the $, (Keep On Funkin)
Yah, I booked us around here for 3 years until I had the bass player do it. I don't have time or want to listen to his nagging. Now he realizes what I was doing, and that he sucks at it. Oh well, have fun. I still get to play gigs.

We make $300-$700 for most shows.

Any reunion, private party, wedding starts at $800. Usually $1,000 for a wedding.

What I'm saying is I would like to play a local radio station fund raiser for my friend that works there for free every once in a while, but some people are all about the money. We play 2-4 shows a month at $3-700. Not like 1-we'll ever get rich at this 2-throwing in that type of show will hurt us.

I don't want to worry about $ when my good friend has a birthday, I want us to be able to just play him or her.

Good point about the bass and drums. It was a challenge for me to "unbusy" my style when I started playing with people, so the dynamics could be heard better. In a three piece I might be able to be more Mitch Mitchell about it.

I used to like to do a lot of fills, etc. Now I think thats boring if it doesn't lead somewhere.

Enjoying this echange. Seemed like no one was uncool enough to talk for a while. This is why I joined, to get ideas and feedback. I know my opnion well. I like to hear other people's opnions
MAStudent is offline   Reply With Quote