Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoygio1 View Post
Hey i like Beatles also beach boys, by the way, what album should i listen on beach boys?
The Very Best of The Beach Boys - 1983 UK-released collection that stops perfectly. All you need to start off with, really.

Pet Sounds - Perfect American Bedsit music. Brian Wilson's work on that album clearly was a good cooling down (and really a time for introspection) after all of the wild stuff happening then. Hits - "Sloop John B.," "Wouldn't It Be Nice," "Caroline, No" (Brian's solo album-closer), and the very well-arranged "God Only Knows." It's a bit whiny, but the production and arrangements really proved that there was something really good going on in The LA scene by '66 and there were excellent musicians contributing.

20/20 - A mixed bag, but here, Dennis Wilson shows his true colors, and a couple of Smile tracks appear. The big hit - "Do It Again." Under-rated gems - about half of the rest including "Cabinessence," "Never Learn Not to Love" (Dennis' re-working of Charles Manson's "Cease to Exist"), "All I Want to Do" (Dennis Rocking out Late '60's style), "Time to Get Alone" (Cheesy, but nice), and the cover of "I Can Hear Music." "Our Payer" is a favorite of the BB Harmony fans.

Surf's Up - The pick of The 70's BBs.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote