Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scattering Crows
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where the sun don't shine
Posts: 16,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
lmao we're gonna have him listen to Kendrick?

If I couldn't even get him to go past track 2 on Nujabes which is far less...hip-hop-y, then we sure as hell won't see him finishing TPAB
Throw that Nujabes at me again if you want. The one thing I will promise here is that no matter how much I hate the album or it bores me, I will listen to it all the way through.

The Nujabes qualifies as I only listened to one-and-a-half tracks originally.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
If he didn't already agree to visit those pesky latinos down in PR to visit them Tuesday since last week. I'm sure he would have been down there with the quickness.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh ... Yeah, that's whatever you were talking about for you!"
Zapp Brannigan

"I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Of course you live in Japan where I guess they feed the poor to Mt. Fuji.
Trollheart is online now  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Caesar is home.
 
Thelonious Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 780
Default

Yeah, to appreciate To Pimp A Butterfly, you have to listen to it in 1 sitting from beginning to end. You should bring the lyrics up as well.
Thelonious Monkey is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
dank memer
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 2,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Throw that Nujabes at me again if you want. The one thing I will promise here is that no matter how much I hate the album or it bores me, I will listen to it all the way through.

The Nujabes qualifies as I only listened to one-and-a-half tracks originally.
I could also just go with this:



https://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/album/memento

__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
i come to you
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Here today
Posts: 10,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
Yeah, to appreciate To Pimp A Butterfly, you have to listen to it in 1 sitting from beginning to end. You should bring the lyrics up as well.
That's not true.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Goofle is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
dank memer
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 2,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
That's not true.
Maybe in your misguided opinion. The unraveling of the poem on first listen is one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced from music
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
i come to you
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Here today
Posts: 10,466
Default

Well, [says something in a condescending fashion].
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Goofle is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
dank memer
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 2,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Well, [says something in a condescending fashion].
Just don't want people to be steered away from such a wonderful album
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Plankton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 3,733
Default

^got me to thinking...

I don't think you've ever heard my album I made along with the ex-singer from Zoetrope. It's not an instrumental album, it actually has some *cough* singing:

Monstrosity

If that link doesn't work, this one will. Just hit the "Play" button on the right side on the grey banner in the link, and it'll play the entire album.

SoundClick artist: PRDMonstrosity - page with MP3 music downloads



You've got a load of listening to do, and probably will have a load more. Hope you're up for it.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now  
Old 05-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Scattering Crows
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where the sun don't shine
Posts: 16,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
Yeah, to appreciate To Pimp A Butterfly, you have to listen to it in 1 sitting from beginning to end. You should bring the lyrics up as well.
Al of these will be listened to in one sitting; that's how I do it. But I'm not sure about eating the lyrics and spewing them back up again. Doesn't sound like much fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I could also just go with this:



https://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/album/memento

Another cloudcover? Oh yeah, I'm there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Maybe in your misguided opinion. The unraveling of the poem on first listen is one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced from music
No fighting in this thread please. At least, not till I get to trash some of your albums. Listen to, I mean. Yeah, that's what I meant...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
^got me to thinking...

I don't think you've ever heard my album I made along with the ex-singer from Zoetrope. It's not an instrumental album, it actually has some *cough* singing:

Monstrosity

If that link doesn't work, this one will. Just hit the "Play" button on the right side on the grey banner in the link, and it'll play the entire album.

SoundClick artist: PRDMonstrosity - page with MP3 music downloads



You've got a load of listening to do, and probably will have a load more. Hope you're up for it.
Totally down for that.
Yeah this should be fun, till my arms fall off from overwork...
I think I can do an album a day; as I'm not going to be writing a review it should not take as much time as it normally would. I'll also note at the end whether or not each album is something I would consider actually reviewing at some point, or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
If he didn't already agree to visit those pesky latinos down in PR to visit them Tuesday since last week. I'm sure he would have been down there with the quickness.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh ... Yeah, that's whatever you were talking about for you!"
Zapp Brannigan

"I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Of course you live in Japan where I guess they feed the poor to Mt. Fuji.
Trollheart is online now  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
trick or treat
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,082
Default


Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Trilogy

Triology is one of my all time favorite albums, well definitely the first half hour of it is incredible imho. I think I can guess what you are going to say about that album, and I know it ain't pretty.
__________________
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous. — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkCigarette View Post
I know I will be sodomized, but, Tom Waits is awful.
BURN ME AT THE STAKE
I just don't see the appeal, and I think I have pretty good taste in music.
Neapolitan is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
batlord is a fern, da batlord wuz here!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.