Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: x
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 08:48 PM   #15351 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 7,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I really hope that you make it in life and think you will, but don't ever think that your view on life isn't dependent on your parents and the life they've given you. If they've given you a great work ethic then run with that ****, but just remember that you came from a middle class family who probably made it clear that you're also expected to continue what they started. You might be working your ass off, but if you'd come from a poor background you'd probably be taking that same work ethic to be the best poor dude you can be. For all my lack of accomplishment, much of my lack of self-esteem has been entirely due to my failure to live up to my middle-class family. If my family had been poor when I became cognizant then I'd probably be much more satisfied with my poverty, but they weren't and I am not. Don't let where you are now fool you to where you could have been in other circumstances.
oh i totally agree with you on that. things can always be worse than they are. but at the end of the day all you can do is try your hardest to work through it if you want to escape. there's no guarantee you will, sure, but that's the sad reality of capitalism. some people are lucky enough to have work ethic beat into you like i was, others need to learn it themselves.

btw the alcohol is making you emotional again, way to go way overboard off of a joke i made.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #15352 (permalink)
all of my treasure
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 23,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
what's not an either/or? making the most out of your life or complaining? i never said it was. but i'm saying i would rather do the former than the latter as it's sure to help you in the long run.
You sure didn't say that it was. I meant that you were posing Batlord's income as either being created by his environment or by his laziness when it's clearly both that are at play.

Quote:
yeah again this is pretty irrelevant and has nothing to do with the topic at hand. student loans are available for anyone so long as their parents make under a certain threshold of money. and they will **** us all in the ass when we have to start paying them back.
It's totally relevant because this great solution to all of my problems that I had to work hard for isn't paying off when I can't support myself despite working 60 hours a week.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #15353 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 7,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You sure didn't say that it was. I meant that you were posing Batlord's income as either being created by his environment or by his laziness when it's clearly both that are at play.
yes but his environment isn't going to fix his problems for him, that's on his own shoulders. you can't control your environment, you can control your own actions. this is like the 3rd or 4th time i've said this.


Quote:
It's totally relevant because this great solution to all of my problems that I had to work hard for isn't paying off when I can't support myself despite working 60 hours a week.
yeah i still don't understand where you're going with this. i brought up student loans as evidence that i'm not any more dependent on my parents than batlord is. sorry you can't repay your student loans, i'm safe to say you aren't in the minority on that one either. i never said hard work will instantly fix all of your problems and you'll live happily ever after. i said all you can do to try and improve your situation is work your hardest. whether or not it works isn't my point, you can take that one up with Goofle or some other capitalist.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #15354 (permalink)
all of my treasure
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 23,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
but yeah, i'm grateful for what i have, but don't chalk up your working at burger king and living at home as some life is hard bs. you and i both know it's down to your own laziness and general inability to actually commit to something that isn't alcoholism.
.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #15355 (permalink)
Dull Flatulent Nightmare
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 29,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
oh i totally agree with you on that. things can always be worse than they are. but at the end of the day all you can do is try your hardest to work through it if you want to escape. there's no guarantee you will, sure, but that's the sad reality of capitalism. some people are lucky enough to have work ethic beat into you like i was, others need to learn it themselves.

btw the alcohol is making you emotional again, way to go way overboard off of a joke i made.
I mean yeah, I'm emotional, but what I'm telling you is true. If your family had been poor, and you'd been raised as poor, you would not have the same perspective you have now, and all the drive you have now would likely not have put you where you are now. Much of class is built on the expectations of those who built your life and the social inertia that you feel. Do you think that you'd be working as hard to build a middle class life for yourself if you didn't have middle class people building in you the desire to continue to be a middle class person? I'm definitely an outlier to be honest as far as the middle class are concerned, as I've put myself down into the lower classes, but do you really think ALL of those people in the lower class with me are as lazy and ineffectual as I am? They would have killed for my opportunities, and would almost certainly have done far more with them, but they didn't have them, didn't have those driving factors for putting them into a middle class mindset, didn't have my mother grandparentsunclesaunts all berating them constantly to make middle class persons of themselves like they did, and so didn't rise from it. And that's not even considering all of those other economic factors that keep the lower classes in the lower classes. But you are certainly not more special than all those people I know who work two jobs and don't realistically consider that they could maybe have tried for a four year degree that they couldn't even have afforded without a full ride or working those same hours that their parents did just to survive as they saw their entire lives. Or do you actually think you are more special?

I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good, but you have a very shortsighted view of the world and I think you'll only better the rest of the world if you as a middle class dude open your mind to a non-middle class world. For all the garbage I've heaped upon myself that is one thing that has done me some good, as I used to think like you do and now I realize just how limited my mindset was.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-18-2017 at 09:07 PM.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #15356 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 7,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But you are certainly not more special than all those people I know who work two jobs and don't realistically consider that they could maybe have tried for a four year degree. Or do you actually think you are more special?
no, and i didn't say i was. there are people who are in situations they are in because life as stacked the deck against them, as i've mentioned. there are also people who are in situations they are in because they're unmotivated or just don't strive to get any further. as frownland is sure to hop on my dick about, there are people dealing with both as well. you took an argument i was aiming directly at you and exclusively you and just applied it to an entire class of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
.
agree or disagree, the only realistic way batlord is going to get out of his current situation is through working hard? now before you say something irrelevant about your student loans again, i'm not saying a week of hard work will make Batlord a millionaire. i'm saying is it or is it not the most reasonable answer to his situation in his life.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #15357 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 7,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
oh and btw im sigging this so that every time you're sober you'll feel embarrassed
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 PM   #15358 (permalink)
Dull Flatulent Nightmare
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 29,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
no, and i didn't say i was. there are people who are in situations they are in because life as stacked the deck against them, as i've mentioned. there are also people who are in situations they are in because they're unmotivated or just don't strive to get any further. as frownland is sure to hop on my dick about, there are people dealing with both as well. you took an argument i was aiming directly at you and exclusively you and just applied it to an entire class of people.



agree or disagree, the only realistic way batlord is going to get out of his current situation is through working hard? now before you say something irrelevant about your student loans again, i'm not saying a week of hard work will make Batlord a millionaire. i'm saying is it or is it not the most reasonable answer to his situation in his life.
I don't think you've really understood this. If you don't think you're better than all those lower class individuals who have been seriously busting their ass to make it in life, to make their children's' lives better, and who have been doing everything they can to not starve to death, why are you in college and they are not? It really is as simple as that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #15359 (permalink)
Dull Flatulent Nightmare
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 29,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
oh and btw im sigging this so that every time you're sober you'll feel embarrassed
I'm not going to feel embarrassed. This is how I really feel and even if I'm drunk (**** off) this is still true ****. This is not me going off on Frown or Elph cause I'm bored or mad or whatever the ****. I ****ing like you and **** and eat my ****. You can be something good in life, but I just hope you get over libertarianism, and I honestly think you will. It's a limiting mindset as I have very much learned.

Maybe it's the Coltrane but I feel good about this post. Shut up, Frown.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 PM   #15360 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 7,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't think you've really understood this. If you don't think you're better than all those lower class individuals who have been seriously busting their ass to make it in life, to make their children's' lives better, and who have been doing everything they can to not starve to death, why are you in college and they are not?
because life's a bitch and there's no such thing as fair in the world that we live in. i said nothing that should lead you to believe that i think otherwise. money = opportunity and power, no doubt. but money comes and goes as well. sometimes all you can do is make the most of a ****ty situation.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2018 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.