Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #491 (permalink)
((MUFFIN BUTTON))
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between Slayer and Ke$ha
Posts: 22,758
Default

Unfortunately mecha series are the domain of teenagers in Japan, so most of the shows are basically walking cliches that don't explore anything that might actually be interesting about a futuristic war fought with giant robots. They're just vehicles for teenage boys to watch other teenage boys do more outlandish things than they will ever do.

I'd recommend Gunbuster, though. It was the guy who directed Eva's first series, and has many of the elements that would become Evangelion, along with a heavy dose of Ender's Game. It's full of cheesy anime cliches, but rises above them for the most part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
The Batlord's Youtube Let's Play Channel: Baron von DoomFist

Metal Album Survivor

The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes

The Batlord's Thread of Metalcore that Doesn't Suck but In Fact ****ing Rules
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #492 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd recommend Gunbuster, though. It was the guy who directed Eva's first series, and has many of the elements that would become Evangelion, along with a heavy dose of Ender's Game. It's full of cheesy anime cliches, but rises above them for the most part.
That made me think Eva had more than one TV series. Sorry for being a grammar nazi. However, I will try that out. Thanks a bunch.

I recently saw a music vid of a fantastic fan translation of Eva's theme song. It was really freakin' freaky at the end. I kept thinking "What the hell is this? I gotta finish this show as soon as possible." Well, I read the plot to the show and the movie, since I don't mind spoilers. And now I'm more eager to finish it than before now that I know how it ends. I wish it had a sequel, though, since the new film series is a reboot.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 01:52 AM   #493 (permalink)
ʕ̫͡ʔ ʕ̫͡ʔ ʕ̫͡ʔ
 
bulbasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 475
Default



the best anime hands down
__________________
cymbal
last.fm
bulbasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #494 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 110
Default

It's Hayao Miyazaki's birthday today!

Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #495 (permalink)
((MUFFIN BUTTON))
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between Slayer and Ke$ha
Posts: 22,758
Default

Space Dandy






Have you ever been so into a TV show/movie/whatever that you actually took yourself out of it cause of just how intensely you were thinking of how awesome it was? Just had that happen while watching the first episode of Space Dandy. So far it feels like the adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that we've all been waiting for. It's a sci-fi show with absolutely nothing serious about it that is so up its own ass with being outrageously sci-fi that the only way it could work is by being a spoof. It's like whoever made this show was a rabid Star Wars fan who'd watched the original 50 million times, and the cantina scene 100 million times cause he could never watch it just once. Throw in the absurd, mindlessly fun humor, a dash of Cowboy Bebop, and tie it all together in a package of hella old school serial sci-fi camp, and you have Space Dandy.

The other thing of massive note is the animation. It is an orgasm on acid. The art is joyously expressive and giddily over-the-top, and the colors... THE COLORS!!! They're probably going to make me go blind but I don't ****ing care cause everything is just so gorgeous and fun to look at. I never thought I'd find an anime that could compete with a Studio Ghibli film for breathtaking visuals, but I think this might be the exception. It's not so grand and overwhelmingly beautiful, but you almost want to laugh out loud at just how amazing this show is just to look at. At how the colors clash and complement one another in an eye wateringly vibrant smorgasbord of unprotected sex.

Space Dandy is going to have to go straight down the toilet to not be a masterpiece of perpetually adolescent euphoria.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
The Batlord's Youtube Let's Play Channel: Baron von DoomFist

Metal Album Survivor

The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes

The Batlord's Thread of Metalcore that Doesn't Suck but In Fact ****ing Rules

Last edited by The Batlord; 02-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #496 (permalink)
Rise Against Socks
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 3,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Space Dandy






Have you ever been so into a TV show/movie/whatever that you actually took yourself out of it cause of just how intensely you were thinking of how awesome it was? Just had that happen while watching the first episode of Space Dandy. So far it feels like the adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that we've all been waiting for. It's a sci-fi show with absolutely nothing serious about it that is so up its own ass with being outrageously sci-fi that the only way it could work is by being a spoof. It's like whoever made this show was a rabid Star Wars fan who'd watched the original 50 million times, and the cantina scene 100 million times cause he could never watch it just once. Throw in the absurd, mindlessly fun humor, a dash of Cowboy Bebop, and tie it all together in a package of hella old school serial sci-fi camp, and you have Space Dandy.

The other thing of massive note is the animation. It is an orgasm on acid. The art is joyously expressive and giddily over-the-top, and the colors... THE COLORS!!! They're probably going to make me go blind but I don't ****ing care cause everything is just so gorgeous and fun to look at. I never thought I'd find an anime that could compete with a Studio Ghibli film for breathtaking visuals, but I think this might be the exception. It's not so grand and overwhelmingly beautiful, but you almost want to laugh out loud at just how amazing this show is just to look at. At how the colors clash and complement one another in an eye wateringly vibrant smorgasbord of unprotected sex.

Space Dandy is going to have to go straight down the toilet to not be a masterpiece of perpetually adolescent euphoria.


I ****ing love Space Dandy! One of the few anime I've watched but certainly one of my favorite cartoons regardless. It really gets a lot of hate but I don't understand it... it's just so fun!
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

My Fabulous Journey Through the Realms of Post-Hardcore When You Got The Time

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
"Ron Reyes is the best vocalist Black Flag ever had. " [Donald Trump]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #497 (permalink)
((MUFFIN BUTTON))
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between Slayer and Ke$ha
Posts: 22,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
I ****ing love Space Dandy! One of the few anime I've watched but certainly one of my favorite cartoons regardless. It really gets a lot of hate but I don't understand it... it's just so fun!
Hate from who?! People who hate happiness? I'm only an episode in but I'm already assuming it'll be a top 10 anime series for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
The Batlord's Youtube Let's Play Channel: Baron von DoomFist

Metal Album Survivor

The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes

The Batlord's Thread of Metalcore that Doesn't Suck but In Fact ****ing Rules
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #498 (permalink)
dead
 
Qwertyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,935
Default

weaboos everywhere
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
What the hell did we know about Jason watching Halloween for the first time?
Qwertyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #499 (permalink)
((MUFFIN BUTTON))
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between Slayer and Ke$ha
Posts: 22,758
Default

Look beyond Naruto and you'd find plenty of anime to love.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
The Batlord's Youtube Let's Play Channel: Baron von DoomFist

Metal Album Survivor

The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes

The Batlord's Thread of Metalcore that Doesn't Suck but In Fact ****ing Rules
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #500 (permalink)
Rise Against Socks
 
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 3,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hate from who?! People who hate happiness? I'm only an episode in but I'm already assuming it'll be a top 10 anime series for me.
Every "serious anime fan" I've ever met loathes the series and claims it's Americanized garbage or too non-serious. I don't see a problem with either thing but, eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Look beyond Naruto and you'd find plenty of anime to love.
Who says Naruto is bad?
__________________
I DON"T SMOKE CRACK MUDAFUCKKKA I SELL IIIIT!!!

YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

My Fabulous Journey Through the Realms of Post-Hardcore When You Got The Time

Emo/Pop Punk Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
"Ron Reyes is the best vocalist Black Flag ever had. " [Donald Trump]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.