Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017, 01:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Scattering Crows
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where the sun don't shine
Posts: 17,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And anime is really its own thing, with its own genres, its own tropes, and would require a whole slew of other categories or risk being reductive in the extreme. Nobody really thinks of anime as "cartoons" anyway. Cartoons are Western, anime is Japan.
OK man, you're the expert.
So sitcom cartoons change to adult cartoons? That sit right with everyone? Any other ideas?

Edit: so Batty, should I NOT include anime in my "History of Cartoons" journal?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
RIP to Lil Peep. He made terrible music.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh ... Yeah, that's whatever you were talking about for you!"
Zapp Brannigan

"I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink".
Trollheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
That's I'm'd Upon
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 21,421
Default

We can do generational mainstream children's cartoons, separated by decade or something like that.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Feelin' like P Diddy
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
OK man, you're the expert.
So sitcom cartoons change to adult cartoons? That sit right with everyone? Any other ideas?

Edit: so Batty, should I NOT include anime in my "History of Cartoons" journal?
1. I am not an expert.

2. Anime should most definitely be in your journal because it is such an important part of animated TV shows, and is highly influential on Western cartoons from the late-90s and on. If you do that journal and do not include Neon Genesis Evangelion or Cowboy Bebop then I will consider it invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
We can do generational mainstream children's cartoons, separated by decade or something like that.
I think categorizing cartoons by age level would make the most sense. Children's cartoons, young adult cartoons, adult cartoons. With an extra genre for superhero cartoons cause if this forum doesn't want to vote on a battle of just superhero cartoons then **** you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
That's I'm'd Upon
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 21,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think categorizing cartoons by age level would make the most sense. Children's cartoons, young adult cartoons, adult cartoons. With an extra genre for superhero cartoons cause if this forum doesn't want to vote on a battle of just superhero cartoons then **** you.
This is a good idea. I still think we can include a time based bracket, with the older classic Hannah Barbara cartoons in one and modern Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon cartoons in the other. Idunno.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Qwertyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 6,719
Default

i agree. otherwise it will probably be driven by age bias. old farts like chula and TH will rep their betty boop until the grave, or whatever.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Qwertyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Scattering Crows
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Where the sun don't shine
Posts: 17,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i agree. otherwise it will probably be driven by age bias. old farts like chula and TH will rep their betty boop until the grave, or whatever.
Betty ****ing Boop? How old do you think I am??

Okay, if you want to split it into years/decades, but remember there were a whole lot of different styles in the same decade: I mean, Pink Panther and Daffy Duck? Not quite the same. Roadrunner?

Anyway, see what way the general consensus goes and then let's start filling in categories so this doesn't take forever to get going.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
RIP to Lil Peep. He made terrible music.
"Uh-huh, uh-huh ... Yeah, that's whatever you were talking about for you!"
Zapp Brannigan

"I drink to forget, but I never forget to drink".
Trollheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Feelin' like P Diddy
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 26,971
Default

And if we were to do something like sci fi cartoons then I'd raise hell if anime like Neon Genesis Evangelion weren't allowed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shubbanuffa!
 
Qwertyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 6,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Betty ****ing Boop? How old do you think I am??
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Qwertyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Ori Ori Ori
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 2,141
Default

Seriously though, Betty Boop is fucking awesome.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Batlord in Plug
I know this might make me sound liek an assshole, but whole is nameless.. Like, I know then hame, but I'm not really that familiar/ Wia,t where Feel free. I have no idea what you're talking about, but whatever make s me look awesome is fine. Fuck Hesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
OK Oriphiel, enough of this dumb conversation. Are you a dude or a lady?
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Feelin' like P Diddy
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: $omewhere between $layer and Ke$ha
Posts: 26,971
Default

Truth be told, Roadrunner cartoons should probably win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
Therefore never send to know for whom the Batlord trolls; he trolls for thee.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batlord is a cuck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.