Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Who is your best rapper?
Eminem 15 23.08%
Nas 9 13.85%
Lil Wayne 2 3.08%
Kendrick Lamar 14 21.54%
Kanye West 4 6.15%
Biggie 5 7.69%
2Pac 6 9.23%
Jay-Z 0 0%
Drake 2 3.08%
J. Cole 3 4.62%
Dr. Dre 0 0%
Eazy-E 2 3.08%
Ice Cube 1 1.54%
The Game 1 1.54%
50 Cent 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2016, 06:04 AM   #21 (permalink)
Boozy Lad
 
Newkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny Lee View Post
Where's MF DOOM.
Isn't his thang with Ghostface Killah coming out this month? Very excite.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
That's your opinion but you are wrong.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
sickeningly sexual
 
Man like Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
Stormzy innit.

Reppin innit.
I wondered how long it would be before his name got mentioned on MB.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i could just be a crazy guy on the internet, or donald trump could be our next president.
http://i.imgur.com/ltJ6hmI.gif
Man like Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Boozy Lad
 
Newkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
I wondered how long it would be before his name got mentioned on MB.
Haha do I have the honour? Amazing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
That's your opinion but you are wrong.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Never Forget
 
Qwertyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstyles23detroit View Post
2pac the best hands down ain't nobody better
Not even T Styles from Detroit?
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
What the hell did we know about Jason watching Halloween for the first time?
Qwertyy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Floydy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hull, U.K.
Posts: 123
Default

Haven't heard one yet. They're all failed singers aren't they?
Floydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
sickeningly sexual
 
Man like Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
Haha do I have the honour? Amazing.
Yep. Just did a search. Take it you rate him then?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i could just be a crazy guy on the internet, or donald trump could be our next president.
http://i.imgur.com/ltJ6hmI.gif
Man like Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Boozy Lad
 
Newkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
Yep. Just did a search. Take it you rate him then?
To be honest I tend to avoid the UK scene/grime almost entirely because the accent and delivery just grinds on me. Only caught him a few months ago as my mate has been trying to convert me by throwing in some stuff in the post-night out hip hop chill out sessions. Heard the ring entrance for Joshua and ever since Shut Up has become an integral part of it. He's definitely got talent but not really my thing. We need more of our boys to deliver like Slick Rick, innit.

How'd you rate him?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
That's your opinion but you are wrong.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
sickeningly sexual
 
Man like Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
To be honest I tend to avoid the UK scene/grime almost entirely because the accent and delivery just grinds on me. Only caught him a few months ago as my mate has been trying to convert me by throwing in some stuff in the post-night out hip hop chill out sessions. Heard the ring entrance for Joshua and ever since Shut Up has become an integral part of it. He's definitely got talent but not really my thing. We need more of our boys to deliver like Slick Rick, innit.

How'd you rate him?
If I'm completely honest, I don't really. He is quite good at spitting but no more so than a lot of London MCs, and it's nothing we haven't heard before. I can't understand the following he's got. He's bigger than all the top boys at the moment.

That tune (Shut Up) is over ten years old, a legendary Ruff Sqwad tune from the Limewire days. He's rehashed it and I'm guessing the younger audience took to it as they hadn't heard it before and it just gathered momentum from there, or down to the AJ thing like you say. Know Me From is also a rehashed Wiley tune, not that there's anything wrong with redoing tunes as like I say he is quite good but I haven't actually heard anything original from him yet so I don't get why he's got such a buzz when there are plenty of other people making original stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i could just be a crazy guy on the internet, or donald trump could be our next president.
http://i.imgur.com/ltJ6hmI.gif
Man like Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Boozy Lad
 
Newkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Newport, South Wales
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post

That tune (Shut Up) is over ten years old, a legendary Ruff Sqwad tune from the Limewire days. He's rehashed it and I'm guessing the younger audience took to it as they hadn't heard it before and it just gathered momentum from there, or down to the AJ thing like you say.
Hah really? Showing my ignorance then, never knew that - but I'm pretty naive with it, there are loads who seem to get rated or raved on because of Fire in the Booth (him included) for instance, and I'm always left pretty meh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
That's your opinion but you are wrong.
Newkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
sickeningly sexual
 
Man like Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
Hah really? Showing my ignorance then, never knew that - but I'm pretty naive with it, there are loads who seem to get rated or raved on because of Fire in the Booth (him included) for instance, and I'm always left pretty meh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpCwdyer2Y

That's the oldest upload I can find but it must have been about 04/05 when it was actually made.

I'm more on your side with it all now anyway, there is the occasional tune I like but I think it's had it's time now.

What Hip Hop rappers do you like from the UK?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i could just be a crazy guy on the internet, or donald trump could be our next president.
http://i.imgur.com/ltJ6hmI.gif
Man like Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2016 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.