Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #471 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

a few for ThePhanastasio:

sorry i really could not decide which i wanted to send so i decided to send all four

looking through your charts on last.fm i noticed that you seem to really enjoy strong female singer songwriters.....her are two of my favorites

starting with....

Jarboe - Anhedoniac

Anhedoniac: One who is unable to experience pleasure.

Jarboe was a long time member of the pivotal band Swans....what was great about her is that she brought a strong and powerful female energy to a very male dominated masculine sound....something she continued in her solo career

Anhedoniac is her third solo release and has been and will likely always be my favorite....this album reaches straight into your soul....an absolute exploration of the beauty of pain and despondency.....one thing is for sure....she is in complete control

Lydia Lunch - Queen Of Siam

again a different twist on the typical female singer songwriter....but one i really think you are going to love

this is Lydia Lunch's 1980 debut and it is a five star album all the way....the lyrics are witty, cynical, and damn right perfect....something that Miss Lunch has never had a problem with....the music is very eclectic....taking form her scummy 'No Wave' roots while also incorporating some really groovy jazz sounds.....

and then to further your education of my beloved Current 93

Current 93 - Imperium

this amazing album released in 1987 sparked the beginning of a new era for Current 93....and is still i think considered one of their greatest achievements...before this album their albums concentrated on tape delays and loops, noise, and bellowing chants of suffering....creating wonderful ritualistic albums....with Imperium David Tibet concentrates on two things....minimalism and repetition....while first doing what would become the staple of all Current 93 albums.....his lyrical prowess

Current 93 - Earth Covers Earth

out of all the album released by this band....Earth Covers Earth speaks to me the most.....every lyric on this album is an example of beautiful poetry....actually my favorite track (and possibly my favorite track by the band itself) "Hourglass For Diana' is a poem by seventeenth century poet John Hall and has such a musically building property of both guitar and violin that by the end of the song you have a true sense of empowerment as David bellows to you "How Art Thou Nothing When Thou Art Most Of All!"....its a feeling i still get every time i listen to this song

for the most part this album is what Current 93 becomes....with concentration of traditional folk music and lyrics concentrating on the forthcoming alpha/omega.....this is my favorite time for them....the group itself was comprised of so many great people....funny enough in the liner notes it credits Boyd Rice for scary voices and evil smiles
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote