Music Banter - View Single Post - What Is It About Music That You Like? (Read first post!)
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #39 (permalink)
Bloozcrooz
Justifiable Idiocracy

Favourite 3 Genres
Ok well ive read the details and think its an excellent way to find the driving force behind musicians ambitions. So ill give it a shot myself. My favorite 3 genres would consist of Blues,Country, and Classic Rock. That being said I also enjoy Grunge,Rap. and your every day standard Rock and Roll of course.
What attracts me to music
For me music is a feeling of sharing emotion with the artist. The importance of lyrics is very much as important as it was when I was young. I like the song to deliver a message I can understand and or relate to. There are exceptions though...Like when you have a song that the guitar work just does the talking for you. Im prodominantly more appreciative and clingy to sad songs than anything else. Whether im in love or not is of no importance. In fact you can feel more alone with someone sometimes than actually being alone. Which music does a great job of describing for me. The Blues are a therapeutic escape through others shared sorrow for me. Somehow giving comfort through acoustic or stratocaster cries. Country is what I grew up hearing but dont lean on as much as I use to. Also I certainly enjoyed some of the passionate vocals of early to mid 90's grunge bands. For the more aggressive getting your point across music. Or rap can also serve this purpose to. Also I enjoy some r&b music every now and then. Theres to many to list each one and defining reasons for them all so ill just leave it wiht the dominant ones ive already listed.

Ok so this would be a perfect example of a song not needing any words, and just encapsulating all the emotion in the guitar cries. It has that dreary sad sound I love so much. Its a cover of a song but this guy does it better than the original and paints the picture in your mind with his unparalled guitar work.

Next would be my tribute to the almighty himself...Mr. Hendrix. The older I get the more I appreciate this wizzard of musical mastery. Heres the first song I ever heard from him and was enough for me to be a fan for life.

This would be what im speaking of when im just looking for a good hook in a song. Along with its catchy but simplistic guitar work it reamains one of my favorite examples. Of being able to relate to lyrics and just relying on personal experiences and passion to get ya through a song.

And finally if im just in a feel good wanna hear something exciting while im driving or something. Id throw in something like this and just let loose a little. Not aggressive or pissed just pumped up.

Are you attracted to the same musical qualities now as then?
I tend to still like to have a message of sorts in my music I listen to. I always prefer a catchy melody and great lyrics put the icing on the cake. Difference is now that im older I can appreciate music I didnt use to. From a pioneering aspect and things of that nature. As a child all I ever heard was country and I still like it but Blues is my passion. I ventured that route on my own and havent looked back. I played guitar from an early age and just liked the challenge of trying to get my guitar to sing for me. I go for what I relate to and compare it to my own songs.Embelishing the many different styles ive grown to love and developing them along with my own. While incorporating all my own feelings and thoughts and saying the same thing a million different ways. I hope this was along the lines of what you were looking for in a reply Tore. Anyways thats my take on it.

Last edited by Bloozcrooz; 02-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Bloozcrooz is offline   Reply With Quote